Join us for an informative and entertaining walk around this quaint, vibrant town. See the colorful, whimsical “Gingerbread Cottages” and learn about the evolution of Cottage City from revivals to modern resort destination.
Highlights of the tour:
- Overview of Martha’s Vineyard and its current demographics
- Development of the Methodist Camp Meeting Association from tents to the storybook “Gingerbread Cottages”
- Development of Cottage City and its many parks by the Oak Bluffs Land and Wharf Co.
- Overton House – known as the Summer Whitehouse of the Civil Rights Movement
- Union Chapel
- Ocean Park with its grand Victorian mansions and views of Nantucket Sound
- Dreamland and the Flying Horses Carousel
The audio is approximately 45 minutes and includes about 1.5 miles, taking around an hour at a leisurely pace.
Things To Bring
Dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
1. Purchase audio.
2. After purchase, you will receive a confirmation page as well as an email from email@example.com with your access link to complete your download. Please make sure that your spam filter does not block this auto generated message.
3. Download audio and map. You can download your files to a computer or directly to your android phone. For iPhones, you will need to download to your computer and then add the file to your iTunes library. Download times vary depending on your internet connection.
NOTE: Link will stay active for 24 hours. Please ensure that you download your files within this timeframe.
4. Go to point A on map, and press play.
5. Feel free to pause and restart the tour as often as you like, and enjoy exploring along the way.